Factor One V2 Rim Brake
- Brand: factor
- Product Code: em96
CUTTING THROUGH THE WIND
The Factor ONE has been designed to push the limits beyond anything else seen in the market. Using CFD and wind tunnel data, we have perfected the aerodynamic profile of every section in combination with superior riding characteristics.
- Optimized Twin Vane Evo downtube lets the air run through while increasing the bike stiffness at the BB and headset.
- Wide stance seat stays to allow the air to flow free through, rather than around, the frame and rear wheel.
- Deep airfoil seat tube contours the rear wheel to hide it from the wind.
- The external OTIS fork features airfoil profiled, wide stance legs
Using the most advanced CFD software, the Factor ONE has been shaped for the best aerodynamics without sacrificing riding performance. At the Factor Engineering Centre, our team of designers and engineers has run multiple tube shape iterations in pursuit of speed. The resulting shapes have also been validated and perfected at the wind tunnel and during velodrome tests.
Whether it is the ONE or the ONE Disc, each frame and fork has been designed specifically to excel at the highest level.
For the ONE, the rim brakes use the Direct Mount standard, optimized for braking performance without vibrations. The wide stance seatstays keep the rear caliper shielded from the wind.
The ONE Disc uses Flat Mount standard, with recessed caliper hardware mounts for small aerodynamic gains and cleaner looks. The bolt-on Factor 12mm thru-axles keep the whole system tidy and away from the wind.
FACTOR ONE OTIS EVO BARSTEM
The latest evolution of the OTIS barstem, the Evo goes a step further with improved aerodynamic profile and features. The OTIS (ONE Total Integration System) barstem assembles directly to the top of the external fork, bringing outstanding stiffness while sprinting and precision during cornering. Full internal cable routing cleans up clutter from the front of the bike while still allowing for easy bar stack adjustment and disassembly for travelling.
- Nearly invisible to the wind, due to the proven Kamm-Tail airfoil design, and unyielding to even the strongest sprint induced torque
- Smart OTIS assembly system allows for easy stack adjustment by adding or taking out included spacers, all while keeping a clean look.
- Ergonomic bar shape with 125mm reach and 80mm drop.
- Ample knee clearance during sprints or climbing out of the saddle.
- Full internal cable routing compatible with Di2 and hydraulic hoses.
- Integrated computer mount
- All hardware is corrosion resistant stainless
Taking advantage of the OTIS assembly, the ONE Disc features complete internal routing. That includes the hidden front brake hose, only visible where it meets the caliper at the bottom of the fork leg.
The ONE Disc fork has been shaped using Factor’s aerodynamic know-how and CFD capabilities, reducing the volume of the crown where it blends into the headtube. At the same time, the wide stance fork legs allow the air to run through to further decrease aerodynamic resistance while increasing lateral stiffness. With the same obsession for aerodynamics and to keep things tidy, the disc brake caliper is housed in a recess of the fork leg.
Standing for ONE Total Integration System, the OTIS gives shape to the front of the ONE. The system comprises the following exclusive Factor parts:
- External steerer fork
- Internal headset rod and upper compressor
The benefits of this design are many:
- Increased stiffness while sprinting
- Increased precision during cornering, descending
- Internal cable routing: clean looks and improved aerodynamics.
- Possibility to adjust bar stack at anytime, by adding or taking out spacers: no steerer tubes to cut down, no cables to rework.
- Headset installation and preload is independent of handlebar assembly.
- Ample knee clearance while sprinting or out of the saddle climbing.