Transition Patrol Frame Only 2018
- Brand: Transition Bikes
- Product Code: CAR297
TRANSITION PATROL FRAMESET 2018
This is a great piece of kit, with which we'll take
building, setup, fit, and tuning pretty seriously; we don't expect anyone to
ride a bike out of the box, and we equally don't expect it to cost you an arm
and a leg to have a bike build around your body, riding needs, or style.
Give us a call to start the discussion about customising and building your new bike on (04) 385 6752.
OUR TAKE ON THE ALL NEW PATROL
The critically acclaimed Patrol is back it’s better than
ever! The Patrol continues to be the do everything bike, it will sing, ploughing
full days at Wairoa Gorge whilst still maintaining that trail bike agility for
Wellington and Rotorua riding. Looking
the bike over, nearly every aspect of an already awesome frame has been
updated, tweaked, or tuned for 2018. This is Transition 2.0, and it's awesome.
Category: Enduro/ Aggressive All-Mountain
Travel: 160mm rear / 170mm front
Mission: The Patrol gives you the control of a downhill bike perfectly balanced with a lively and jumpy personality for a comfortable, efficient and fun ride in any trail condition.
What does Frameset mean?
Because SBG geometry needs a different fork offset than has been used up until this point, a new frame needs a new fork; thus a frameset is a frame (with its intended shock, in this case a Fox DPX2 Performance Elite, and your choice of either a 2018 Rockshox Lyric RCT3, OR a FOX 2018 36 RC2 in the new offset standard.
What is SBG?
It’s a change in thinking about how bikes steer and how riders need to work to distribute weight, and thus it has brought about some notable changes which we feel are worth explaining in the geometry of the 2018 transition line-up. SBG is explained in a great Transition video here, let this serve as a quick guide. The SBG concept incorporates the following five key changes:
• Increased frame reach
• Slacker headtube angle - Allows the fork to absorb impacts better on all angles, positions the front wheel further forward, and reduces deflection and dive.
• Steeper seat tube angle - Brings rider more forward, aids in climbing traction, and reduces seated sag.
• Shorter stem (40 vs 50mm) – Equates to a modest increase in total reach.
• Shorter fork offset - Brings the front axle more rearward and under the rider which further increases front tire traction. Works in unison with the shorter stem length to provide a more direct steering input.
Patrol Round up:
• New GiddyUp Kinematics
• Increased Travel from Previous Patrol
• Speed Balanced Geometry
• Boost Dropout Spacing
•Metric Shock Sizing
• Universal Transition Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
• Integrated Rubber Downtube & Chainstay Protection
• Full Water Bottle Storage
• Updated Internal Cable Routing
• Increased Seatpost Insertion
• External Brake Routing
• New Extra Small Size
• Clearance up to 27.5” x 2.8”
Tags: Transition Patrol 2018