Transition Sentinel Frame Only 2018
- Brand: Transition Bikes
- Product Code: CAR298
TRANSITION SENTINEL FRAMESET 2018
This is a great piece of kit, with which we'll take building, setup, fit, and tuning pretty seriously; we don't expect anyone to ride a bike out of the box, and we equally don't expect it to cost you an arm and a leg to have a bike build around your body, riding needs, or style.
Give us a call to start the discussion about customising and building your new bike on (04) 385 6752.
OUR TAKE ON THE ALL NEW SENTINEL
Transition's entry into the long travel 29er arena, with 140mm of rear travel, and 160mm up front. New Zealand riding and especially Wellington seems to really lend itself to the new generation of big wheeled bikes. The idea of having one trail weapon that will have you descending like a demon whilst climbing better than ever before is a nice one and the Sentinel looks to deliver just that!
Category: Enduro/ Aggressive All-Mountain
Travel: 140mm rear / 160mm front
Mission: This bike will have you entering and smashing through corners faster than you ever have before. It’s a perfect storm, in the right hands this bike is capable of anything NZ riding throws at it.
What does Frameset mean?
Because SBG geometry needs a different fork offset than has been used up until this point, a new frame needs a new fork; thus a frameset is a frame (with its intended shock, in this case a Fox DPX2 Performance Elite, and your choice of either a 2018 Rockshox Lyric RCT3, OR a FOX 2018 36 RC2 in the new offset standard.
What is SBG?
It’s a change in thinking about how bikes steer and how riders need to work to distribute weight, and thus it has brought about some notable changes which we feel are worth explaining in the geometry of the 2018 transition line-up. SBG is explained in a great Transition video here, let this serve as a quick guide. The SBG concept incorporates the following five key changes:
• Increased frame reach
• Slacker headtube angle - Allows the fork to absorb impacts better on all angles, positions the front wheel further forward, and reduces deflection and dive.
• Steeper seat tube angle - Brings rider more forward, aids in climbing traction, and reduces seated sag.
• Shorter stem (40 vs 50mm) – Equates to a modest increase in total reach.
• Shorter fork offset - Brings the front axle more rearward and under the rider which further increases front tire traction. Works in unison with the shorter stem length to provide a more direct steering input.
2018 Transition Sentinel Round up:
• New GiddyUp Kinematics
• Increased Travel from Previous Scout
• Speed Balanced Geometry
• Boost Dropout Spacing
• Metric Shock Sizing
• Universal Transition Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
• Integrated Rubber Downtube & Chainstay Protection
• Full Water Bottle Storage
• Updated Internal Cable Routing
• Increased Seatpost Insertion
• External Brake Routing
• Clearance up to 29” x 2.5”
Tags: Transition Sentinel 2018